Followers

Friday, June 11, 2010


Every so often we are afraid of opening a new chapter our lives so we tempt to back off to that little bubble / comfort zone. It is a few of us that take a risk and discover how many amazing things you can learn and there is been offer, you just got to learn to take advantage of them. To me it seems okay having to learn how to live with so many strangers. Although I knew that it was only to be for a week. The moment I knew I was left by myself in that entrance of residence, chills run all over my body. The kind of chills that we get that first day of school on a whole new environment.

It was weird how as soon as my mother had left from the residence, a girl whom I had never seen before came up to me. With such a warm and comfort smile that made me feel welcome. As we introduce our self we started to know each other, yeah!!!! I had made a new friend. On our way to the Camp Carol Joy Holing we found out that she ended up knowing two of my best friends from a long time. At first the ride to the camp the bus was a little bit silence a few conversations here and there from people that were just meeting.

Super fly!!!! The group name that RTAs’ had chosen for the Co-Operative Team Building activity at the camp. Luckily the group I was with was the only one that had the chance to start from the first level of the challenge. The first instructor made thinks come so easy and fun; he did some activities with us so we could learn each other names. So as we progress he gave us activities that made us start working as a team and gain to trust our team mates. Later on they took us on some high rope activities to work individually and see that we can’t always do everything by ourselves. As the day ended up we came back at Scott Residence Hall, where most of us headed right away to our dorms to take a shower. And relax because next morning we had to be up really early… And Super fly was heading to the most amazing experience that we had. The high rope challenge, where we had to work as a team and not let anybody get behind. After a few hours we congratulate each other high up in the sky for the hard work we had done as a team. So finally two by two we slide on the sip line that took out a scream of relief for all those fears we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment